Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yesterday ended too late..

So no blog update yesterday. We got home late and exhausted.

Wednesdays are family day for us - it's James' day off for the week (yep, he works weekends too).
We intended to take the kids to the zoo, go to Barnes & Noble, etc.. and then Kenai's birthday party in the evening.. but by the time we fought traffic and stuff, we got to the zoo too late. We only had a little while before we had to turn around and head off to the party across town, in 5:00 traffic :(
Canon was asleep in the carseat when we got there, so James stayed in the car with Canon and read a book.. I took McCayla and we rode the train at Brackenridge Park - we had a lot of fun, took some pictures and a video and laughed a lot. We waved at Daddy in the car on our way back around...

Waiting for the train - she's excited with her little ticket ;)

Goofing off on the train - she's such a ham!


Daddy and Canon waiting for us in the car - he's waving, I don't think you can see it though ;)


Then we fought a ridiculous amount of traffic and went to Kenai's party at Chuck E. Cheese - it was remarkably fun, which surprised me because those things usually give me a headache.


(Kenai, the birthday boy, he turned one year old!)


The kids had an absolute *blast*, lots of running, screaming, and playing games..


I went up in the tunnel thingies with both of them and they were just squealing all the way..





Anyway, the pizza was really good, which also surprised me - I don't usually like the pizza at Chuck's. Now I want more... mmmm. And McCayla got to dance around and talk to Chuck E. Cheese himself, which thrilled her endlessly!






I finished the ladybug letters and have started THREE more names - pictures later! (Procrastinate now!)


Today was pretty good - I'm really sore all throughout my back and shoulders - you know what from? Playing the rhythm boxing on WiiFit. Yep. A Nintendo game kicked my butt. :/
I didn't sleep well because everything hurt (!) so I was exhausted and dragging slowly today.. but I went and took the car to the Chevy dealership - we have a "wump wump wump" sound coming from the tire that we needed checked out. Turns out that one tire is wearing worse than the others, so we need two new tires and an alignment.. helloooooo 350.00!!
:(

Let's see, what else happened today... a whole lotta nothing, really - except I did come up with a brilliant idea! More on that tomorrow - for now, it's dinner and bath time for kiddos. :D

2 comments:

MsBeHaven said...

My Goodness! It sounds like you guys had a very busy and very fun Wed!
:)

We are leaving the 10th and will be back around the 22nd. Gonna go out and about in the Motorhome for a while.
Yea!!!

Outlaw Photographer James Taylor said...

You guys are always so much fun! I can't wait to sneak off to Olive Garden tonight with you! And I don't think I've seen your latest letters, so I'm excited to see those as well. Your imagination never ceases to amaze me. :-)