Friday, October 31, 2008

Zoo Boo, Halloween, and my little Rag Dolls..

James and I managed to take the kids out to Medina last weekend for the last day of the pumpkin patch at Love Creek Orchards. That place is huge and sprawling - tons of pumpkins, a hay-bale maze, "stuff" to buy, and a hayride back to the parking lot! w00t! The kids had a good time, especially running around in the maze.

[pics coming tomorrow, need to resize]

Yesterday I wanted to get the kids out of the house, so I decided to take them to the zoo. Only upon arriving at the gates did I find out that it was a special event that night.. it was closed for "Zoo Boo" - which is essentially trick or treating and carnival games throughout the zoo. Such fun! So I decided to pay the extra and go ahead and take them. After all, I'd driven over an hour and we weren't going home without some zoo-ing :) The kids had a great time - Canon learned the concept to trick-or-treating, and they both played some games (and won quite a few little rinkydink prizes, which they loved!)..

[pics coming tomorrow, need to resize]

I was so excited that today was finally Halloween! It's my favorite holiday, without a doubt - and I just couldn't wait to dress the kiddos up! When my older brother and I were young (about McCayla's age, I think) we were Raggedy Ann & Andy for Halloween.. so I figured it would be sweet to do the same for my kiddos. And OMG they were soooooooooooooooo unbelieveably adorable!!! They had a blast getting candy, and have been nothing but smiles all night. It's 1am now and they're still going strong.. hooray for tons of sugar!


No comments: