Monday, October 27, 2008

Concerts, Co-Ops, and Fundraisers - Oh My!!

On Friday I was lucky enough to get to shoot the bands who were at the 11th Street Cowboy Bar. The Hawkes, opening up for Charlie Robison. Good Ol' Charlie is a Bandera hometown boy, and very very good. But the Hawkes surprised me. I'd never heard of them but they were quite good! I had a great time listening to them, I only wish James could've joined me there instead of babysitting the kidlets. We could've "cut a rug", so to speak :)

^^ The Hawkes

and then Charlie


After many many purchases from other co-ops, I have finally been asked to do a co-op of my own products! I'm excited and flattered :D
I got about 16 orders, which thrills me.. not too bad at all, for my first one! I worked straight through a day and got all of them made, shipped out all but 3 packages today (and those will go out when I get shipping info on them). My kitchen floor was filled with Pail Pardner and Rump Solution LOL



And finally, I bring you the information on the First Annual Lil' Outlaws Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser!
(C/P from James' blog/bulletin/newspaper article)

Lil' Outlaws of Tarpley to host cancer research fundraiser

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Jacklen Taylor of Lil' Outlaws handmade crafts and soaps of Tarpley is hosting a fundraiser sale benefitting the American Cancer Society and Susan G. Komen for the Cure,

The event will be held Sunday, Nov. 2, from noon to 3 p.m., at the Bandera Athletic Academy and Outlaw Photography Studio next door to Taquerias Aguascalientes in the Bandera Village strip mall.

On offer will be Taylor's handmade wooden crafts, soaps, bath and body products, baked goods, and Breast Cancer Awareness pins. All of the profits from the event will go toward cancer research. Donations of checks made out directly to the American Cancer Society will be accepted.

Free samples will be available, and a drawing will be held for an Outlaw Photography photo shoot and print. Outlaw Photography will be on hand to take free photos of visitors in the Outlaw Studio.

For more information on Lil' Outlaws, call 830-822-5999 or visit www.liloutlaws.net. For more information on cancer research, visit www.cancer.org or www.komen.org.


Those of you who are local (Bandera/Medina/Tarpley/San Antonio), **please** come out and show your support if you have a chance! We'd love to see you out there - plus we're giving away samples and door prizes :)

That's it for now.. more later - for now I'm tired and my thumb hurts (cut it on a broken soap mold that came in the mail today.. cry.)

No comments: