Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Soapy Goodness!

Oooooh I had fun last night :)
Experimenting with soap stamping (embossing) and embeds.

I made 3 bars with sea animal sponge toys embedded inside. These are like the little pills/capsules that you give kids and they dissolve them in hot water and watch the toy "grow".. ? I pre-grew the sponges and put them inside clear soap. These are scented with J&J Bedtime Bath, which is a nice scent for kids.. helps them wind down for bed :)



Then I made 3 bars of embossed soap - and I loved them so much that I made 3 more!
These are scented with
Pumpkin Apple Spice
Coconut Hibiscus
Very Sexy (the last of this one, I need to order more fragrance!)

and then
Wild Sarsaparilla
Kumquat
Chocolate Orange

(some of the embossed ones)





Loving them! Luckily for me I "accidentally" messed up one of the sponge ones, so my kids get to use it :)


*************************************************************************

Went to the Post Office and got a big ol' package from Miss Alli - a beautiful Moses Basket that belonged to her adorable twin boys, she gifted it to me for the photo studio and I simply cannot wait to have a chance to use it!
On the way back from the PO, Canon got to 'drive' the car.. he was overjoyed, as you can see in his expression..



I also finally uploaded a couple of pics for Jennel - the Lil' Outlaws diaper and BCA items, though I promise to get some great pics in the studio as soon as McCayla comes back from her Nana's house.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, jacklen! LOOOOOVE the new pics, of the soaps AND for the stuff I made!! THANK YOU!

Outlaw Photographer James Taylor said...

Wow, all awesome stuff! I love Jennel's diaper and the Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon shirts, those are just too cool. And that last soap, as you know from my gasping expression when you showed it to me, is awesome. That would look perfect in the Hackberry Mansion or Hicks House here in Bandera County. :-)