Friday, October 10, 2008

It's been a good day..

As seen in the fluffy mail post, my day started off wonderfully!
Then I got to go see my favoritist sister in the world (okay, so she's the only one.. whatever. hehe) - I got to do her makeup for homecoming. I just can't believe she's a senior! OMG where did time go? She is gorgeous, I gotta tell ya! - here's a pic of her, though not from tonight (none handy, though I'm sure Jamesey got some at the ceremonies).

and then the kids and I went to Sonic (mmmmm) for their chili cheese coney and tots special (2.99!) and a cherry limeade.. limeades always boost my mood, and since I was already happy, it just made it even better!

Came home and made some soaps for Breast Cancer Awareness (October is BCA month, ladies - squoosh your boobies, please! Gentlemen, feel free to squoosh your lady's boobies, if necessary); these will be stocked at the Animal Crackers on Parade (ACOP) congo for BCA toward the end of the month, as well as part of a collaboration between myself and Jenn from Mookie Doodle (a little pampering package of awareness items, with proceeds going to charity).
I'm also planning on doing a big one-day fundraiser here locally (in Bandera), featuring a lot of my items. Soaps, lotion, bath salt, milk bath, fizzy bath bombs, wood crafts (such as crosses, coat hooks, picture frames, etc.), and some pink ribbon tarts from Mookie Doodle also. In addition, I plan to offer baked goods alongside the smelly-good stuff :) ALL proceeds from the one-day sale (that's 100%!!!) will be going to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Still figuring out the date for that, but keep your eyes peeled for an announcement, both here and on MySpace!

[pics of soaps coming later]

Now the kids and I are just chillaxin.. about to eat and then bathe kiddos and hopefully get them off to bed! I need to work on some letters (Ava, BOO, and the frame are finished - Ryann and Sam are mostly finished), start on some of the BCA wood crafts, take my own shower (imagine that!), and sweep the house. James has been running and gunning all day with the Homecoming festivities, so the least I can do is give him a clean house (and wife!) to come home to! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pics of the soaps!!

your sister is just gorgeous! Love the red hair.

Lil' Outlaws said...

LOL that's funny, her hair always looks red in the pics but it's brown. I guess it runs in the family (but mine actually does have red in it hehe)

Outlaw Photographer James Taylor said...

I love all my darling redheads! And homecoming was crazy, but nailed over 1,700 great pics. I hope to get them posted to the Bulletin galleries in a few days. :-)

And as you know I'm so excited about your BCA event! I think it will be a lot of fun and really help brand Lil' Outlaws around here locally. You're quickly becoming the most successful business magnate in Tarpley. ;)