Monday, October 6, 2008

6th is always grocery day..

So I always do my BIG grocery shopping on the 6th, and then little trips for milk, soymilk, etc. every week or two. Today is the 6th, so I'm gathering up my lists (from thegrocerygame.com) and coupons (which I'm still printing out) to see how much I can save today...

Today is also the day I start Canon's food elimination/journaling to see what's causing his poor bleeding diaper rashes (he's had them his entire life - he's allergic to milk but nothing else showed up on his allergy testing, so we need to find what he's "intolerant" to now).. Which means grocery day equals several different stores to find things without soy or without gluten (the two things we're trying first) but yet that are ALSO without dairy products.. sigh. I wish we had a Trader Joe's around here, I hear they have so many more options than Sun Harvest and such.

BTW if anyone has coupons for those kind of things (soy, vegan, tofu, "healthy" stuff, or just general coupons to Sun Harvest) I would LOVE them if you don't need them! Or a link to printable ones.. ? (Thank you!)


******************************************************************

Alright, well SEVEN HOURS LATER we're finally finished shopping! Geeeeeeez it's been a long day!
We went to Sun Harvest and got some no soy/no gluten/no dairy items for the boy, then we went to the HEB Plus (like a cross between Super Walmart and HEB) for the rest of the groceries.. and OMG I got lost in there! It took me over two hours in the dang grocery store! I'm exhausted! :/ That HEB did have awesome shopping carts, though - the first "two seat" ones I've seen in real life (4 leg holes in the seat so two can sit side by side up there, saving valuable basket space). They also had the car ones, but not like I usually see - usually it's where the car is in the very front and they sit inside (I don't like those, I can't keep an eye on them).. this one was up top, close to me and they were on top where I could see them! Love it!



But on a good note, we'll start Canon's "diet" tomorrow and see how that goes. I hope we're able to figure it out quickly, because it sure makes grocery shopping a PITA!

Now I need to clean house, bathe kids (yep, it's 10pm and we just got home!), get them in bed (pray for me!), and gather the stuff we need for our storage at the studio tomorrow.. and then hopefully get some sleep!
Oh yeah, I should probably do some more work on the letter orders I'm working on right now.. guess that all depends on if the kids cooperate or not! ;)

3 comments:

Tori said...

Try looking into Red Food Dye, peanuts (nuts in general) and wheat.

Outlaw Photographer James Taylor said...

That is the most awesomest shopping cart I've ever seen! I bet the kids had an absolute blast.

I'm really enjoying your blog! It reminds me of those loooong e-mails you used to send me back when we were first dating, and first married. Now I'm actually getting home in time to -talk- with you, rather than slide into bed beside your sleeping self. Which I love. :-)

Lil' Outlaws said...

Thanks Tori, I'll look into those - we're doing soy first - he's been on soy since infancy so if that's it, it would make sense that he's always had these issues. If it's not that, we're going with gluten (wheat), and then we'll look into nuts and dyes. He's never "appeared" to have issues with nuts but I'll try anything at this point! How are your amazing boys?

Jamesey, I love you sweetheart - I can't tell you how much I enjoy you getting home in time for some Y&R ;)