Sunday, September 28, 2008

Man, I need to clean house :(

So we're trying to sell our house.. okay actually BOTH houses. James' dad lived next door to us, and sadly he passed away this May. Now we have two houses, which means two mortgages. Which means we want to sell both houses and move, preferably soon.
So our Realtor, Rick, calls me tonight. He has two people who want to see the houses... right now. They're down the street, will be here in five minutes.
Great!, right? Nope.
As you may have read, I've been feeling not-so-hot for a couple of days.. meaning I haven't done a darn thing around the house.. Canon has demolished it, I haven't picked it back up. I've got a matter of a few minutes to make this place presentable, and I'll be honest here.. that's really not possible at this point in time.
So I rush around (still not feeling well, I might add), I throw as much dirty laundry as I can fit into the washer and dryer, just to get it out of sight. I bag up things and put them in cabinets. I grab my Bare Naked cleaners (I love this stuff, it's natural cleaning products that don't bother my children and their asthma/allergies; check her out here - I particularly love the citrus toilet cleaner and the all-purpose cleaner!) and I rush around the house spraying and wiping counters and appliances and flat surfaces. If nothing else, it puts a great smell in the house LOL
Then I light the candle in my tart burner to get some more "clean" smell in the house (at the moment I'm burning half of a tart from The Serene Dream Shop (pink sugar!) and half of a tart from Mookie Doodle (banana!) at the same time, mixed together. My house smells delish.

Anyway, the people who came have FIVE children, so hopefully any mess that was left won't be taken to heart hehe.. cross your fingers for us, because selling this house would be the greatest thing to happen to our family in a LONG time. Maybe forever.

And now I'm off to ACTUALLY clean the house :/

2 comments:

Tori said...

I did not know that James' daddy died. I am so very sorry to hear that. Please know that I am praying for you guys to sell your homes! To have a brand new start :)

Kimberly said...

One house is hard enough to manage, 2 must take up a lot of time! I did not know James' dad died, im am really sorry to hear that.
I do wish you the best in your endevors to sell your 2 houses.